Fruit Cheesecake Cookies
Fruit Cheesecake Cookie Cups
For Around 15 cookie cups
For the Cookie Cups
• 1 cup of Zulka sugar
• 3/4 cups butter
• 2 cups of all-purpose flour
• 1 egg
• 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
• 2 teaspoons of corn starch
• 1 teaspoon of baking soda
For the Cheesecake Filling and Topping
• 340 grams of cream cheese (on room temperature)
• 1 ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
• 1 ¾ cup of powdered sugar
• Variety of fresh fruit, chopped
How to Prepare
1. Use non-stick cooking spray to coat a cupcake pan and preheat your oven to 177°C.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together for around 5 to 7 minutes or until the mixture is light and fluffy. Mix in the egg and vanilla and beat until the ingredients have combined well together.
4. Add the corn starch, baking soda and flour to the wet mixture and mix until smooth. The resultant dough will be thick.
5. Now create dough balls using 2 tablespoons of dough to make each ball. To make the cookie cups, press the cookie dough balls on the bottom and around 1/3 to 1/2 way up the sides of each cupcake cup.
6. Bake these for around 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove the cups from the oven and allow them to cool for around 5 minutes. Once cooled, remove to cooling rack to let them cool off completely. If the centres are not deep enough to add the filling, use the end of a wooden spoon or the bottom of a tablespoon to press the centre down a little.
8. Now make the cheesecake filling by blending the vanilla, cream cheese and powdered sugar together until the mixture is smooth.
9. Pipe or scoop the filling into cookie cups and top with the chopped fruit You may serve or store in refrigerator.