Mums Sloppy Joe Stuffed Peppers
Sloppy Joe Stuffed Peppers
• Red, yellow and orange peppers
• Ground turkey (Lean variety 1lb)
• Sloppy Joe sauce (One can)
• Canola oil (One tablespoon)
• Salt & pepper
• Colby jack (Six slices)
• Chopped green onion or parsley for garnishing
• Cooked brown rice
Direction for Preparation
1. Take a pepper and cut it open into half. Now remove the membrane and seeds.
2. Heat the oven at 175c
3. Take a big and heavy bottomed skillet and heat it at medium high temperature. Add some canola oil to it. After the oil has become hot enough, add the ground turkey and allow it become brown. However, while doing so, make sure to break the turkey apart.
4. When turkey becomes brown in color, drain the excess juice and add some sloppy Joe sauce. Now cook for next couple of minutes, cover it up and cook at lower temperature.
5. Take an oven safe dish and spray it with non-stick cooking spray. Add pepper in it and bake for next 10 to 15 minutes.
6. Now divide the sloppy Joe turkey uniformly amongst the pepper halves and bake for some more time, around 15 minutes.
7. Add a cheese slice over each pepper and bake for 5 more minutes.
8. Use green onion or parsley for garnish and serve it with cooked brown rice.