How to make caramel and pecan brownies
Yummy Caramel and Pecan Brownies Recipe
What You Need
• 12 vanilla caramels
• 1 cup of sugar
• 1 teaspoon of vanilla
• 2/3 cup of all-purpose flour
• ½ cup of shortening
• 1 tablespoon of milk
• ½ cup of chopped pecans, optional
• ½ cup of baking cocoa
• 2 eggs
• ½ teaspoon of baking powder
• ¼ teaspoon of salt
How to Prepare
• Preheat your oven to 177 degrees Celsius.
• Grease the sides and the bottom of a 9 inch square baking pan.
• In a medium sized bowl, mix the sugar, vanilla, shortening and eggs. Now mix in the flour, baking powder, cocoa, and salt into this.
• Spread this batter into the pan and sprinkle the pecans on top. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or till a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
• Now place the caramels and milk in a 1 quart saucepan and place the saucepan on low heat. Stir this frequently till the caramels melt. Drizzle this over the warm brownies and let the brownies cool completely.
• Now cut into brownies and serve.