How to make a blueberry pie
What You Will Need:
• 1 cup of cold water
• 3 cups of blackberries, fresh or frozen
• 3 tablespoons of cornstarch
• 1 cup of sugar
• ¼ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
• 1 tablespoon of butter
For The Biscuit Topping
• ½ cup of 2% milk
• 1 ½ cup of all-purpose flour
• ½ cup of butter, cold and cubed
• 1 tablespoon of sugar
• 1 ½ teaspoon of baking powder
• ½ teaspoon of salt
• Vanilla ice cream or whipped topping, if desired
How to Prepare
• Mix the sugar. Cinnamon and blackberries in a large saucepan. Stir and cook till the mixture comes to a boil.
• Mix water and cornstarch together till the mixture is smooth and then stir it into the mixture in the saucepan. Bring this to a boil as well; stir and cook for around 2 minutes or till the mixture thickens.
• Pour this into a greased 8 inch square baking pan. Scatter the butter cubes over this.
• For the biscuit topping, mix the baking powder, sugar, flour and salt in a small bowl. Mix in the butter till the mixture becomes crumbly. Mix in the milk just till the crumbs moisten.
• Using a spoon, drop the crumbs on top of the hot berry mixture in the baking pan.
• Bake this for 30 to 35 minutes while uncovered at 177 degrees Celsius. Bake till the filling is bubbly and the topping is golden brown.
• Serve while warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped topping and enjoy this yummy desert.