Coconut and Lemon Squares Recipe
Coconut and Lemon Squares Recipe..
What You Need:
• ½ cup of lemon juice
• ¾ cup of flaked coconut
• ½ cup of confectioner’s sugar
• 1 ½ cups of sugar
• 4 eggs
• 1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
• ¾ cup of cubed cold butter
• 1 teaspoon of baking powder
How to Prepare:
• Mix the confectioner’s sugar and the flour in a small bowl. Now mix in the butter till the mixture turns crumbly.
• Grease a 13 × 9 inch baking pan and press the crumbs onto the bottom of the pan. Bake this for 15 minutes at 177 degrees Celsius.
• While this happens, beat the eggs, lemon juice, baking powder and sugar in another small bowl; mix till the ingredients combine.
• Pour this mixture over the baked crust and sprinkle over with coconut.
• Bake this for another 20 to 25 minutes at 177 degrees Celsius or till the colour turns into golden brown.
• Cool this on a cooling rack, cut into squares and serve.