What You Need
1 cup of mangoes that are peeled and sliced into pieces
cup of mango syrup (recipe below)
teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of grounded cardamom
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
1 teaspoon of lime zest
2 tablespoon of sugar (optional)
For The Mango Syrup
5 to 8 mangoes
1 to 2 cups of water
5 tablespoon of sugar
How to Prepare
1. Put in the mango slices and the mango syrup into a medium-sized saucepan and heat the pan. Stir constantly so that the syrup would thicken.
2. Add all the other ingredients into the pan and simmer the contents of the pan on a low flame. The mango slices will become soft and the syrup will further thicken. When this happens, take the pan of the heat and let it cool.
3, Put the mixture into a blender and blend along with a little water (if need be). Blend till the mixture becomes smooth after which strain into a bowl and freeze for 2 to 4 hours.
4, After this the Mango Granita will be ready. Enjoy the Mango Granita chilled.
* For The Mango Syrup
1. Peal the mangoes and cut them into medium-sized pieces.
2. Blend the mango pieces with a little water in a blender until you get smooth liquid. Strain this liquid into a bowl.
3. Boil the blended mangoes in a medium-sized saucepan over low heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Stir every now and then to avoid the formation of lumps and burning.
4. When the mixture thickens, add the sugar and stir thoroughly till the sugar dissolves. Once this happens take the pan off the heat and let it cool.
5. The mango syrup is ready. Store it in a bottle and refrigerate for prolonged use.