What you will need:
250 grams of plain flour
125 grams of butter
60 grams of caster sugar
2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
1 egg yolk
1.5 tablespoons of coldwater
(for the mint ganache)
300 grams of white chocolate
150ml of cream
2 tablespoons of creme de menthe
(for the dark chocolate ganache)
300 grams of Lindt Excellence Mint Intense Dark chocolate
250ml of pouring cream
How to make a choco-mint tart:
1. Take some melted butter and lightly grease a fluted tart tin.
2. Using a blender mix the flour, butter, cocoa and sugar. After mixing it well add in the egg yolk and water.
3. Now need this dough and place in the fridge for 10 minutes.
4. Roll out the dough and line the pan after which you can trim off the edges and place pace in the fridge for 20 minutes.
5. Bake in oven at 180C for 10 minutes and brush any cracks with egg white.
6. Now start off with the mint ganache by adding some cream to a saucepan and bringing it to a boil. Then pour this heated cream over the diced chocolate and set aside for a minute and stir in the creme de menthe.
7. Now pour this over the pastry and let it set in the fridge for an hour.
8. For the chocolate layer again heat up the cream to boiling point and pour the cream over the lindt chocolate and stir.
9. Pour this mixture over the already set mint ganache and let your tart set in the fridge for 3 hours before serving.