Cheesecake with chocolate chunks
Cheesecake with Chocolate Chunks Recipe..
What You Need
• ¼ cup of melted butter or margarine
• 18 Oreo® Cookies, finely crushed
• ¾ cup of sugar
• ½ cup of sour cream
• 3 eggs
• Approx. 340 grams of semisweet chocolate
• Approx. 680 grams of softened cream cheese
• ½ cup of whipping cream
How to Prepare
• Preheat your oven to 177 degrees Celsius.
• Mix the finely crushed cookies and the melted butter and press the resultant crumbs onto the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan.
• In a large bowl, beat the sugar and the cream cheese using a mixer till the ingredients blend together. Now add in the sour cream and mix well. Add in the eggs 1 at a time now, beat oon low speed with each addition till the egg just blends.
• Now chop 230 grams of the chocolate and mix it in the mixture. Pour this mixture onto the crust in the pan.
• Bake this for 45 to 50 minutes or till the center is almost set. Once baked, run a knife around the edges of the cake to loosen it from the pan. Let the cake cool completely.
• Now in a saucepan, bring the whipping cream to a simmer over low heat. Chop the remaining chocolate, remove the saucepan from the heat and stir the chocolate into the cream till it melts and blends into the cream.
• Let the cream and chocolate mixture cool slightly and then pour it over the cheesecake.
• Refrigerate the cheesecake for 3 hours then remove it from the pan and serve.