Fresh Berries Poppy Seed Cake
What You Need:
• 1-2 packs of Betty Crocker Rich and Creamy Vanilla Frosting
• 1 container of Betty Crocker Lemon Cake Mix
• 3 whole eggs
• ½ cup of vegetable oil
• 1 cup of water
• 2 tablespoons of poppy seeds
• 1/3 cup of fresh strawberries, sliced
• For topping, fresh blackberries, chopped pistachios and strawberries
How to Prepare:
• Heat the oven to around 177 degrees Celsius; remember to 15 degrees less (162) if you are using a non-stick or dark pan.
• Take a 13 by 9 inch pan and grease only its bottom.
• Beat the cake mix, vegetable oil, water, eggs and the poppy seeds in a large bowl on low speed for around half a minute. Now beat on medium speed for another 2 minutes.
• Pour the batter into the pan and bake for around 30 minutes or till the toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean. Let the cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes and then replace the cake from the pan onto the cooling rack carefully and let it cool completely.
• Cut the cake using a 3 inch wide cookie cutter into 7 or 8 parts. Put a really thin layer of frosting on the top and sides of the cakes. Put the cakes on a baking sheet lined by parchment paper and place in freezer for around 1 hour so that the cakes harden.
• Take the cakes out the freezer and use the frosting to top half of the cakes. Place the sliced strawberries on the frosting and top with dollop of frosting. Now place a cake on top of each one of the frosting and strawberries topped cakes and replace the cakes into the freezer for another 30 to 45 minutes or till the cakes are set.
• Put the remaining frosting on top of the cakes and garnish with the fresh blackberries, strawberries and chopped pistachios. The cake is ready to be served!